The 2 Day Huchuy qosqo trek is a fantastic trek, frequently used as training before of after the famous Inca trail trek, and altitude acclimatizing trek, the huchuy qosqo trek, is a captivating trek with nice landscapes of valleys and mountains with fascinating background. The legacy of the Inca culture, through this magnificent archeological site called huchuy qosqo, which in Quechua means “Little Cusco. Huchuy qosqo trek is quiet fascinating trek, that enable tours around cusco, to go in huchuy qosqo trek, you only need 1 or 02 days, giving you many advantages, being trained for other larger hikes, enjoy nature, 01 night camping on the sacred valley mountain, the trek toward huchuy qosqo, is also excellent for people who loves nature, but can´t stay out many days.
In this way carrying out cultural Tourism, combined with adventure, this circuit is full with natural attraction that grants to visitors a sensation of adventure, huchuy qosqo trek, leads by gradual uphill section, and after couple hours the trail tends better, also downhill steps are found in this trek, a great small canyon waits, and a portrait tipe village called pukamarca is a in the way, near huchuy qosqo you will find inca building, also along this huchuy qosqo trek the imposing geography of the andes will last ever in your mind….THE HUCHUY QOSQO trek as some of our treks presents lagoons that will get all your attention. For those llama lovers, the huchu qosqo trek gives opportunity to see many llamas and alpacas in its usual habitat. Even though it appears to be in a populated area, you soon will discover the true wildness of the Andes. Notice as well that the huchuy qosqo trek is considered as an intermediate challenge trek. Join us and enjoy the huchuy qosqo trek with Inka Challenge Peru.
We take small groups, why?
The principal reason to take small groups, is to provide personalized service, in a small group is easy to keep walking together and enjoy the nature of the Inca trail, there is a possibility to make friend and share experiences, interacting more closely with each other. Whereas, in larger groups from (10 – 16) people it trend to split into factions. Moreover, in larger groups tends to be a sizeable difference “often over onehour in a section of the trail” between the fastest andslowest member, what makes more difficult for the guides, cooks and porters to make their effective labors. In small groups, people are more likely to arrive at roughly the same time to hear the guide’s explanations. Also our porters are given the same food as the tourists. In larger groups agencies often provide inferior food for the porters. Smallgroups require less space in campsites and this enables the guide to select better locations. In small groups the guide, cook and porters have a more intimate relationship with the tourists and are better able to meet individual needs and attend to environmental issues such as waste disposal, contamination, etc. as the group will be together more of the time. Because of these reason in our standard service we take small groups, only in a group of friends and delegations we manage larger group. So choose small group.
What are the benefits of doing a private tour?
One of the main reasons why the private option is sought after is because you do not need to worry about which dates we have departures set for or if our departures have enough space…Your only concern is whether or not there are permits available…You can choose almost any date that you want if permits are available… In addition to the convenience and flexibility in booking, the private option provides a more personal trip experience for your group. We will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel….The guide will focus all of his energy and attention on your group. You can also be more specific about the foods that you would like to be served during the trek. It is a truly wonderful experience to go on such an amazing journey with only your friends and loved ones. Ask at South Adventure Peru Tours how you can arrange your own private tour.
- Altitude : 3,650 – 4,300 / 11975 – 14107 ft
- Duration : 2Day/1Night
- Distance : 14 KM
- Level of Difficulty : Moderate easy
Day01: Cusco , Chinchero , Pucamaraca – Huchuy Qosqo (Buffet lunch & Dinner)
At 5:00am, we will pick you up from your Hotel and then we will head to Chinchero (3,760 m.a.s.l) 12336 ft from here, we will be beging with our amazing trek up to road as it curves up-hill to reach a pass of near 4,200 m.a.s.l / 13780 ft . We will continue with hike down into the valley and towards to the small community at the bottom. As we descend along the trail, you wil see a beautiful green valley stretching out as far as eye can see and then, we will pass throught the village, the trail takes us up over second pass of 4,300 m.a.s.l / 14108 ft and into the high open ountry . On the way, we will pass by the amazing lake of Qoricocha (Golden Lake in Quechua) We´ll continue along this rustic trail, with its stellar views of the surrounding mountain ranges. Finally, we will descend towards the Huchuy Qosqo located about 3,650 m.a.s.l / 11,975ft where will arrive in the late afternoon. Here, will set up camp and enjoy our supper underneath the great starry sky .Upon you arrival to the camp, our cook will be waiting for you with a special hot drinks and popcorn and then you will enjoy your delicious and Peruvian buffet dinner ( 6 to 7 hours of Hike )
Day02: Huchuy Qosqo, Lamay, Urubamba, Salt Mines, Maras Moray, Cusco (B-Buffet lunch)
Early in the morning, we leave camp at around 9am and walk downhill towards the Leon Punku ravine, where we find remains of an Inca bridge and trail. This canyon boasts geological formations surrounded by majestic rocks and boulders that direct the river to Huchuy Qosqo at 3600m/11808ft, where we arrive by mid morning. Huchuy Qosqo is an Inca archaeological complex with imposing architecture that includes a large open ceremonial center, from which we enjoy a panoramic view of the Sacred Valley, the Vilcanota River, and the snow capped mountain range of the same name. Descend to Lamay at 3000m/9840ft. Lamay is a town dedicated to agriculture and cattle raising. Around 1 to 2 pm transfer to Urubamba to enjoy the buffet lunch (Vegetarin optional) after lunch, the tour continues with the visits to Inca site of Moray. This is a fascinating, unique ruin; a fabulous amphitheater of terracing that was used as an agricultural experimental site by the Incas by taking advantage of the microclimates produced by the varying altitude to breed new varieties of their crops. We shall also visit the Village of Maras, and The salt pans which have made it famous. The tour continues towards Ollantaytambo, an archaeological site that the Incas built as a fort and includes a temple, agricultural terraces, and an urban area. There are two distinct sectors: Araqama Ayllu, the religious and worship zone, and Qosqo Ayllu, the residential area…Afternoom, you will return to Cusco and on the way back, you will stop in the colorful village of Chinchero, where we will find the ruins of the Tupac Inca Yupanqui Royal House, we will appreciate its well preserve Inca wall in the main square and you will visit the beauty Colonial Temple with invaluable portraits, built over Inca Bases and then return to Cusco and transfer back to your Hotel.
Our Short trip Includes:
- Briefing night before of your hike into our office by our English speaking guide
- Assistance by English speaking staff from the beginning till your return.
- Private transport Cusco – Chinchero – Lamay – Urubamba – Moray – Cusco
- Buffet meals ( Optional: vegetarian food as free )
- English speaking guide ( Other languages, upon the request of our customers )
- Personalized service in a private transport ( Full equipped )
- Horses to carry food and camping equipment only along the way.
- Experienced cook and Cooking equipment
- Teatime everyday (coffee, tea, popcorn, biscuit)
- 1 night of camping along the Lares Trek
- 4 capacity tent – 2 persons per tent with plenty space
- Sleeping mattress and totally clean
- Water supply (boiled) after every dinner or breakfast time
- Dining tent with camp tables and chairs.
- Kitchen tent & Porters insurance
- Free first Aid kit and oxygen if is necessary for altitude sickness
- Peruvian taxes or IGV 18%
Our Short trip do NOT Includes:
- International and domestic airfares , local flights can be purchase upon customers request
- Meals: No mentioned in your itinerary such as the first breakfast and dinner in second day
- Sleeping bag ( $ 20 for rent minus 15 degrees Celsius /(-15ºC) )
- Travel insurance if something happens during your trip
- Tip for the guide, cooks, and porters. It´s a tradition
- Extra horse for your personal items ( 9 Kilos $60 / 18 Kilos $120 )
- Entrance to Huchuy Qosqo which is around 35 soles
- Tourist ticket to visit Moray and Chinchero which is 70 soles
- Entrances to the Salt Mines which is 70 Soles
What to Bring/ Carry:
- Original and valid International Student Card (ISIC), to show at the entrance to Park
- Hiking boots (waterproof)in the dry season only sneakers
- Long pants or slacks & Warm sleeping bag Minus 20ºC
- A Daypack (for your personal porters we provide a duffle bag)
- Long-sleeved shirts to prevent you from the sunburn.
- T-shirts and Thermal underwear can be worn in the sleeping bag or cold conditions.
- Warm clothes , layers for variable temperature especially at night
- Sweaters and a jacket (something warm for the night).
- Gloves or Mittens, scarf, Wool socks, Woolen hat for cold nights.
- Rain wear or poncho for the rainy season December – April
- Camera with extra batteries and flash light , head torch and extra batteries
- Bottle of water, more bottle of water can be purchase at Aguas Calientes town.
- Snack (dried fruits, chocolates, etc).
- Insect repellent to protect you from mosquitoes along the Trail
- Hat and sun block to protect you from the sun.
- Personal toilette items and personal medical kit.
- 2 Liter water bottle, disposable plastic bottles are forbidden along the hike.
- Water purifying tablets optional, since we provide boiled water.
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs in Lares and Aguas Calientes.
- Extra money for drinks and tips , souvenirs in Soles
- First Aid kit (Band-Aids,cotton,bandages,alcohol,aspirin,tablets for stomach troubles, medicines to avoid altitude sickness)
- Big bottle of Oxygen for the highest mountain
- Day pack is good to bring to carry your camera, water, rain jacket.
Prices Valid for trips through December 201 7- 2018
From 2 to 4 people USD495 / From 4 to 6 USD450 / From 6 to 8 and UP USD395