Machu Picchu classic private tour, located on the slopes above the Urubamba River valley, is one of the world’s most extraordinary archaeological sites.
Machu Picchu Imbued with a magical silence, 120km (74mi) from Cusco on the slopes above the Urubamba River, lays one of the world’s most extraordinary archaeological sites. Machu Picchu (2400m / 7872ft) is probably the most familiar symbol of the Inca Empire. It is thought that the city was built by the Sapaq Inca Pachacuti, starting in about 1440, and was inhabited until the Spanish conquest of Peru in 1532.
Archaeological evidence (together with recent work on early colonial documents) shows that Machu Picchu was not a conventional city, but a country retreat town for Inca nobility. ..The site has a large palace and temples dedicated to Inca deities around a courtyard, with other buildings for support staff. It is estimated that a maximum of only about 750 people resided in Machu Picchu at any one time, and probably only a small fraction of that number lived in the town during the rainy season and when none of the nobility were visiting.
We offer a fantastic, full day, guided tour which will leave you informed about this wonderful place and what it means to the culture of Peru.
A Full Day Guided tour to Machu Picchu (Wonder of the world) by Inka Rail or Peru Rail service:
|Important note: Due to the high demand and limit of entrances to the Santuary of MACHU PICCHU & HUAYNA PICCHU we strongly recommend you book in advance before sold out. (For Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu Mountain, there is only 400 available entrances) Cost for entrance to Huayna Picchu & Machu Picchu Montaña US$ 15 each) Note: The tickets cannot be modified, exchanged or refunded once confirmed!!!|
After your buffet breakfast at the hotel, picked up and transfer to Poroy station in our private vehicle (It takes 25 minutes) where you will have fantastic journey through the sacred valley of the Incas and the remote canyon of Vilcanota to Aguas Calientes village. Once you arrive there, you will be picked up by our English speaking guide and then you will be immediately by transferred by shared touristic transport up to the most spectacular ancient city in the World which is Machu Picchu (By bus takes around 35 minutes by unpaved road) Machu Picchu was built by the Inca Pachacutec and comprising stone blocks fitted with masterful precision, Machu Picchu harmoniously blends into the mountain landscape. There are many theories as to the origins behind Machu Picchu but three of the most popular ideas include a temple to the sun, a fortress against the jungle inhabitants or a sanctuary for the Incas.
This fabulous city has houses, temples, warehouses, a large central square, all connected by narrow roads and steps, and is surrounded by terraces cut into the mountain side which were used for agriculture. If the time permit and according the coordination with the guide and your entrance to Huayna Picchu mountain (Young mountain) you can climb but it takes around 2 hours up/down (recommendable climb in 2 days trip) Afternoon and depending on your train schedule back to Cusco, you will have to take the bus down to Aguas Calientes to catch the train back to Cusco. After the guided tour, our guide will give you all the instructions for your bus down and train back to Cusco. Upon your arrival to Poroy station, you will be meeting again by our staff and then transfer back to your Hotel. Note: If you decide to climb to Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu Montaña and due to the limit of entrances, you must let us know in advance or when you book the full day tour to Machu Picchu. There are only 400 entrances per day, this climbing depends much of weather conditions especially from January to March is not recommendable for rainy season.
Duration : 1 Day trip ( Cusco – Machu Picchu – Cusco )
Season : All year
Departure : On requested :The Expedition train leaves at 7:40 am / Vistadome leaves at 6:40 am / Hiram Bingham 9:00 am
Minimum : 01 Person
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING/CARRY
- Original passport and student ISIC Card if applicable
- Small back pack and tennis shoes
- Rain jacket or poncho (December – April)
- One complete change of clothing.
- Bottel of wáter
- Flash light and batteries
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun.
- Sun block (sun protection cream)
- Insect repellent
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits, etc.
- Camera, plenty of film and spare batteries
- Extra Money (soles)
A Full Day Guided Tour.
Until the Spanish conquest of Peru in 1532. Archaeological evidence (together with recent work on early colonial documents) shows that Machu Picchu was not a conventional city, but a country retreat town for Inca nobility.
HIGHLIGHTS of TOUR
- Enjoy your wonderful trip along the Sacred Valley by regular or Luxury train
- Shuttle and entrance to Machu Picchu
- Private guided tour In Machu Picchu
- Enjoy the wonderful and comfortable transport to Machu Picchu
- Have a delicious breakfast at Vistadome train or dinner on board at Hiram Bingham.
Prices Valid for Trips through December 31, 2017
Cost per Person by Expedition or Inca Rail service US$ 315 shared group (with Private guided US$ 325)
Cost per Person by Vistadome (Luxury train service) US$ 385 shared group (Private guided US$ 405 )
Cost per Person by Hiram Bingham (VIP service) US$ 795 with Private guided in Machu Picchu
If you are student (International green ISIC Card ) you will pay minus US$ 15 off
Our Price Included:
- Private transport Hotel – Train station.
- Private transport Train Station – Hotel
- Shared Guided tour in a small group service
- English speaking guide ( Licensed in tourism )
- Train tickets Cusco – Aguas Calientes – Cusco
- Train tickets Upon your request (look prices )
- Bus Aguas C –Machu Picchu –Aguas C.
- Guided tour in Machu Picchu during 2 hours
- Entrances to the santuary of Machu Picchu
- Government sales ( 19% know as IGV )
Our Price does not include:
- Entrance to Huaynapicchu ( $ 15 )
- Tips for your guide, driver, transfer agent.
- Upgrade to Vistadome $95 for the round trip
- Additional tours
- Lunch at santuary lodge , $48 per person
- Extra drinks in every places
- Dinner or any drinks on day 2
- Hiram Bingham tickets( request, email)
- Hotel accommodation in Aguas calientes.
- Private guide in Machu Picchu & 65 for 2 people )